What Size Windshield Wipers Do I Need?
If your wipers aren’t doing their job, or they’ve started to make that awful squalling noise blades are prone to as they wear down, it could be time for a change. Windshield wiper size varies depending on the make, model and vintage of your vehicle, and it’s essential you know exactly which size you need before you try to change them out. Improperly fitted blades can’t do their job, which could be a problem if you’re on the road to Maple Grove and the weather takes a turn.
Choosing the Blades for Your Vehicle
You have a few options when it comes to picking the right blades for your vehicle:
- Check Your Manual: Your vehicle’s manual should tell you what size wiper blades you need for each side and could even recommend a brand. Some vehicles have different size requirements for the driver and passenger sides, so read carefully before replacing the blades.
- Use a Tool: You can make use of tools online, such as the wiper selector here, or travel to your local parts house and use the books and touchpad systems available to help you get the right sized blades the first time.
- Ask a Tech: If in doubt, speak to someone who knows cars like yours inside and out, such as the certified service professionals at Cornerstone Plymouth. Not only can we help you find the right part for your Minnetonka area vehicle, but thanks to our service specials, we can install them for you often for less than the cost of doing it yourself.
Of course, if you’d prefer to install your own wipers, you’re certainly welcome to do that. You can use the instructions in the back of the wiper packaging or read our step-by-step guide and have the job done in just a few minutes.
You can save money on all the services your vehicle needs with our affordable You+ Service plans. We offer a variety of customizable plans that include necessary tasks such as:
- Oil and Filter Service
- Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection
- Fluid Check
- Tire Pressure Check
- Exterior Wash
- Battery Performance Check
And, while you wait, you can use our free Wi-Fi to check the traffic in Brooklyn Park while you enjoy the complimentary refreshments in our private customer lounge.
See the Cornerstone Difference
Whether it’s wiper replacement, basic maintenance, or something more serious, our service techs can help. To learn more, drop by a Wayzata area Cornerstone service center today.
Car Maintenance Tips in Plymouth
Imagine it’s January, the coldest day of the year, and you climb into your freezing car and turn the key, expecting the glorious sound of combustion. Instead, you hear clicking, maybe a little catch, and then nothing. It’s late, you’re tired, and now you’re trapped in a Maple Grove parking lot with a dead battery….
Every car has them and, if you plan to survive the Minnetonka winter, they need to work well. We’ll teach you how to tell when your wiper blades are ready for a change, how to do the job yourself, and what it will cost if you decide you want someone else to handle the…
Colder weather is coming to folks in Maple Grove and Minnetonka, which means it’s time to make sure your car battery is in good shape. But how long is a car battery meant to last? In ideal conditions, a battery could last as long as six years, but there are various factors that can impact…