How Much Can a Ford Explorer Tow?
How much can a Ford Explorer tow? The Ford Explorer has been generating a lot of buzz among industry experts and drivers alike for many years, and the impressive Ford Explorer towing capacity is just one of the reasons why. At Cornerstone Plymouth, you will find an excellent selection of used Ford vehicles for sale, including the 2017 and 2018 Ford Explorer. Cornerstone Plymouth has the details on the 2017 Ford Explorer towing capacity and 2018 Ford Explorer towing capacity.
2017 Ford Explorer Towing Capacity
Three different engines are offered for the 2017 Ford Explorer, so you are sure to find a configuration that meets your driving and towing needs. Let’s take a closer look at the 2017 Ford Explorer towing power by engine option.
- A 290-hp 3.5L V6 engine comes standard on the base and XLT trim levels. With this engine, you can tow up to 5,000 pounds with front- or four-wheel drive.
- The 280-hp 2.3L turbo EcoBoost four-cylinder engine is available for the base and XLT and standard on the Limited. Expect a max towing capacity of 2,000 pounds in conjunction with front- and all-wheel drive.
- A 365-hp 3.5L turbo EcoBoost V6 engine is standard on the Sport and Platinum, Once again, you can tow up to 5,000 pounds. Four-wheel drive is standard with this engine.
2018 Ford Explorer Towing Capacity
The 2018 Ford Explorer also offers three different engine choices: 3.5L EcoBoost V6, 2.3L EcoBoost Four-Cylinder, and 3.5L Ti-VCT V6.
There’s more than just engine power that allows the 2018 Ford Explorer to tow heavy loads with ease. The following features also provide assistance:
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control: Stay in control at all times with this feature that selectively adjusts the brakes and engine power. It works even if you tow the maximum 5,000 pounds.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: This package consists of an engine oil cooler, wiring harness, and tow hitch.
- Curve Control: When the Explorer senses that you’re heading into a curve too fast, it will compensate so you remain safely on the road.
Experience the Explorer with Cornerstone Plymouth
When you are in search of a vehicle that doesn’t disappoint when it comes to towing, you can’t go wrong with the used Ford Explorer. Contact us today for more information or to set up a test drive. There are plenty of reasons to choose a used Ford.