Buy Here Pay Here vs. Dealership Financing
Considering Buy Here Pay Here (BHPH) vs. dealership financing? The idea of avoiding banks and other traditional lenders might seem tempting, but here are just a few of the unexpected things you’ll often face with Buy Here Pay Here auto dealers:
- High Interest Rates
- Large Down Payment
- Lack of Choice
- No Warranty
- Huge Hidden Fees
- Large Loans
Reasons to Avoid Buy Here Pay Here Used Car Financing
- High Interest Rates: With BHPH funding, interest will be substantially higher than what you’d pay with dealership funding, so you’ll essentially be overpaying for the privilege of getting a car right away.
- Large Down Payment: Buy Here Pay Here auto dealers need to hedge their bets when they lend to you, so most will demand a larger down payment than you’d expect from a dealership. This is why many will take your entire trade-in value as down payment.
- Lack of Choice: Dealerships will let you take a look at what’s available before working out financing for the vehicle you choose. With BHPH, you first qualify for financing and then get shown a limited range of models.
- No Warranty: Some BHPH auto dealers offer warranties on their vehicles, but they’re the exception to the rule.
- Huge Hidden Fees: BHPH lots often overcharge on routine fees. It’s also common for late payment policies to lack any grace period, which is something you’ll always get through traditional financing. One missed payment could end up costing you big.
- Large Loans: Banks and other traditional auto lenders tend to limit the amount they provide on a vehicle purchase based on that vehicle’s value. The same isn’t true with BHPH dealers, so you may end up borrowing and paying back thousands more than a vehicle is actually worth.
Dealership Financing is Your Best Choice for Auto Loans
Buy Here Pay Here auto dealers should only be used as a last resort. If you have any other option, heading to a dealership for traditional financing simply makes more sense. Contact us today to find out more, or feel free to apply for financing online.
More from Cornerstone Plymouth
SUVs are reliable for city or off-road driving and can even tow an impressive amount of weight. The Nissan Rogue takes the average SUV on the market to a new level, offering a maximum towing capacity of 1,350 pounds. With this capacity, you can tow mountain bikes and kayaks for an outdoor field day…
The 2019 Nissan Murano towing capacity has a maximum towing capacity of 1,500 pounds. Whether you choose AWD or FWD, the towing capacity remains the same. Not only can you tow small boats or campers on Minnetonka roads, but your Murano will also catch the eyes of your neighbors. Find out more and contact…
Are your current cabin features dragging down your commute? It is probably time to upgrade to an affordable used vehicle that will enhance your commute. A lot of Plymouth drivers feel that the Nissan Murano interior makes their commutes in Minneapolis smoother. The Murano offers drivers & passengers a comfortable cabin, convenient amenities, and…