2021 Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The new Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches a maximum 13,300 pounds with the proper equipment installed. It’s one of the major reasons why Plymouth drivers searching for a powerful truck end up driving a Silverado. Cornerstone Plymouth has more information on the Chevy Silverado towing capacity, the Silverado 1500 payload, and other features on this truck, below.
2021 Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity: Engine Options
Minneapolis and Maple Grove drivers shopping for a Chevy Silverado should know that the latest edition has five engine options. From a standard V6 that boasts best-in-class torque to a V8 with advanced Direct Fuel Management technology, you’ve got a choice of many great engines with variations in Chevy Silverado towing capacity and Silverado 1500 payload, which goes up to 2,280 pounds. Here are your options:
Standard 4.3L V6 Engine:
- 285 hp
- Best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque.
- Towing capacity of 7,900 pounds
2.7L Turbo Engine
- 310 hp
- 348 lb-ft of torque.
- Towing Capacity of 9,600 pounds
- Increased fuel efficiency
5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management
- 355 hp
- 383 lb-ft of torque.
- Towing Capacity of 11,500 pounds (10,000 pounds with Active Fuel Management).
6.2L V8 Engine
- 420 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- Max Chevy Silverado towing capacity of 13,300 pounds
3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel
- 277 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- Towing Capacity of 9,500 pounds
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity: Towing Features
Great towing in Minnetonka isn’t just about the torque that pulls your trailer, but the performance features that keep you in control. The hydroformed steel frame is just one design perk among many you’ll get with the Silverado. Here are some other vital features that complement the Silverado 1500 payload and towing:
- Standard Trailering Package: Trailering hitch platform, 2-inch receiver, 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This package comes with upper trims. It has advanced features like the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, and upgraded rear springs.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: These extend your view of the road so you can have increased awareness of the road as you’re towing.
Test Drive the Chevy Silverado 1500 Today!
You’re probably not surprised to hear about the excellent Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity, but there’s a lot more to explore with this vehicle. See it and other Chevrolet vehicles at Cornerstone Plymouth! Plymouth drivers can come here for a great inventory of powerful vehicles and a service center that’ll keep it performing well. Contact us today to set up an appointment for a test drive.
Learn More at Cornerstone Plymouth
The Ford Explorer is a highly capable vehicle on Minneapolis roads, so just how much can a Ford Explorer tow? The 2021 Ford Explorer towing capacity reaches an impressive 5,600 pounds when properly equipped. Plus, this SUV is built with smart technology that maximizes power and control over the Maple Grove roads – along with…
If you refuse to compromise when it comes to power, then you need a truck that won’t give in, either. So, what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150 in 2021? Offering a class-leading 14,100 pounds of towing muscle, the 2021 Ford F-150 raises the stakes over last year’s 13,200-pound max. Also new…